Thursday, July 3, 2008

The "Career shadow"

I have had the opportunity to job shadow before, but since that experience I had a change of career paths so when I get the opportunity to job shadow I would lobe to take it! The job shadow we did on Monday at UNMC was very misleading! This was not at all a career shadow. We went to UNMC and on the way in I thought about the fact that we didn’t sign any HIPPA forms or any forms at all and I wondered what we could possibly be doing. We enter UNMC still with the idea that we may get to career shadow and we are greeted by Sherman. We then waited for the rest of the group and proceeded into a conference room. I figure this is where we will sign legal documents and get on with the shadow. Sherman sits us all down and starts to talk about their programs, some of which we learned about just that morning in panel. I did appreciate learning more about the medical programs; however I was very disappointed because this is not what we were supposed to be doing. We talked for a couple hours and were dismissed before 4 P.M. I felt over dressed and generally cheated out of and experience.

No comments: