Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The first look In.

Some of the things we experienced in the first week I have been through before, I have taken college classes before at Metro, and some even here at UNO. Every college experience that I get is somehow different. When I actually get to my freshmen year of college I want to be prepared, being scared should be the least of my worries, my motivation and the reason for entering this program is to learn. I wanted to learn more about myself, college, and last but not least History the class that I am enrolled in. While staying in the dorm for the first week I learned that I am great at being responsible for myself, being an only child it is very easy to take care of myself. What I learned was to help take care of others, I learned to help my roommates with waking up, filling people in with information they may have missed, giving reminders, and just overall being a team and helping each other to make this whole college experience the best that it can be. The most difficult thing to do was keeping everyone on task, I think that this is also something that we all worked together on, sometimes one of us would have to take the lead and say I’m using this free time to study and most of the time others would follow. I learned that I do have self discipline and I can manage my time if I try. Overall this was a great experience and something that will help me greatly on my road to success.

No comments: